Please check out our latest Summer 2020 Newsletter that includes the following:
- Message from a Co-Chair
- Announcements: 2020 Annual GTC Meeting, Call for Service Award Nominations, AND Proposal Solicitations
- Okeeheelee Nature Center-Heinrich Education Grant Recipients
- Catastrophic Losses in Agassiz's Desert Tortoise Populations
- An Interview with a Herpetologist-Cristina Jones
- Can the Tortoise Still Cross the Road? The Influence of Landscape on Mohave Desert Tortoise Genetic Connectivity
- Recent Research Citations
Mark your calendars for the 42nd Annual and 1st ever Virtual Meeting of the Gopher Tortoise Council on November 13, 2020.
The deadline for submitting abstracts for virtual presentations is October 15th. Talks will include three virtual presentation types:
1) regular 15-minute talks with 5 minutes for questions
2) 5-minute speed talks
3) poster presentations
Click HERE for guidelines for submitting abstracts.
GTC Student Presentation Awards
This year, the only registration fee will be membership dues. Please see our Support Us page for more information.
Annual Meeting T-shirt Fundraiser
This year's theme is "safer in your burrow." GTC is working with the online vendor "Custom Ink" for this year's t-shirt fundraiser. Custom Ink will ship directly to purchasers prior to the meeting; all proceeds will be donated to GTC.
Click HERE to order t-shirts. T-shirts will be available for purchase through October 22.