The Gopher Tortoise Council was formed in 1978 by a group of southeastern biologists and other citizens concerned with the decline of the gopher tortoise. The goals of the Council are:
- to offer professional advice for management, conservation, and protection of gopher tortoises;
- to encourage the study of the life history, ecology, behavior, physiology, and management of gopher tortoises and other upland species;
- to conduct active public information and conservation education programs;
- to seek effective protection of the gopher tortoise and other upland species throughout the southeastern United States.
Please consider joining the Gopher Tortoise Council by purchasing a membership. Benefits include a subscription to the the Gopher Tortoise Council's newsletter, "The Tortoise Burrow."
The Gopher Tortoise Inc is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and tax exempt organization (ID #59-2010727) and all contributions are tax deductible.
New Membership Options:
- $15 Student Membership
- $25 Regular Membership
- $40 Contributor Membership
- $50 Society/Corporate Membership
- $75 Sustaining Membership
- $300 Lifetime Membership
Please select this button to renew your annual membership and to remain an active member of the Gopher Tortoise Council.
**Lifetime Members DO NOT need to renew.
Please print, fill out, and mail this form to:
c/o PO Box 241
Safety Harbor, FL 34695
Checks can be made payable to the Gopher Tortoise Council.
We respect your privacy and will never sell or give away your information to any third party.
Your donations help fund GTC outreach programs and provide grants for graduate student research and other educational programs across the Southeast.
The Gopher Tortoise is a 501c(3) non-profit and tax exempt organization (ID #59-2010727) and all contributions are tax deductible.
Thank you for your contribution!